Re: Developer workflow and DVCS (was: Leaving DPMT?)

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Tristan Seligmann
<mithrandi@mithrandi.net> wrote:
> * David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> [2009-02-28 20:22:46 +0900]:
>
>> I have never used stacked branches, but are you sure you can only
>> branch the repository data related to a subset of the working tree
>> only ? My understanding is that bzr stacked branches are useful to
>> avoid downloading the whole history, but that you still need to get
>> the whole project. I think it would be very difficult to support the
>> usual features of DVCS without it ?
>
> If you don't want the project history, then you can use lightweight
> checkouts, which are essentially equivalent to SVN checkouts (you get a
> local working copy, but no local branch or repository).

Ah, so you basically only get the local working copy, but *no* bzr
repository, right? Well, with git, you can get this over the web
interface, so we may write a simple (Python:) script to download this
for you from the commandline. Maybe someone did this already.

Ondrej