Re: please test the numpy package

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:47:06PM +0100, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Michael Hanke, 2009-01-25]
> > To me the question is: Why is sphinx 0.5 in experimental not unstable?
> > This issue does not only affect numpy, as sphinx 0.4.3 has some problems
> > which prevent successful building of docs (e.g. image/figure handling
> > bug) -- and at least this one is solved in 0.5.
>
> if you will help me convince release managers to unblock it, I will
> upload 0.5 to unstable (if Mikhail will not protest).

I cannot think of any argument in favor of sphinx transitioning from
unstable/experimental to testing. At the same time, I have a hard time
seeing the need for a full blown unstable>testing transition for a
package that aims to become part of lenny (i.e. preventing a direct
upload to testing-proposed-updates).

I'd be curious to know which/how many packages in lenny actually
build-depend on sphinx. Does anyone know a way to quickly determine
that -- it might provide some facts about the situation we are
speculating about.

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke