Re: please test the numpy package

[Ondrej Certik, 2009-01-25]
> There is a problem with documentation, that it depends on sphinx-0.5,
> which is currently only in experimental. And also upstream doesn't
> have it in the tarball. I originally fixed that by
> adding a new target into debian/rules, that downloaded the upstream
> tgz, unpacked, eported the doc/ directory from upstream svn and then
> packaged it again. But since it still doesn't build in pure sid, I
> rather fixed the build with the current upstream tarball.

python-numpy has many reverse dependencies[1] - how about uploading it
to experimental for now? This way you'll have Sphinx 0.5.x available.

If you really want to upload it to unstable, build the docs using Sphinx
from experimental and include them in the upstream source tarball for
now (add ".ds" to upstream version, get-orig-source rule and a
README.Debian-source file in the new tarball explaining that you've
added the docs and how to regenerate it[2])

[1] see `apt-cache rdepends python-numpy`
[2] `./debian/rules get-orig-source`, python-sphinx from experimental installed