Re: Python-webpy: unnecessary Recommends?

Piotr Oz.arowski wrote:
BTW: I'm also not sure why Pylons depends on webpy.  Webpy isn't
mentioned in the Pylons Install Guide
python-pylons does not depend on python-webpy

looks like python-flup (which is in python-pastescript's Recommends,
PasteScript is one of Pylons' dependncies) recommends python-webpy and
that's why you ended with python-webpy on your system. Since python-flup
package's description mentions that one should use libapache2-mod-wsgi
instead, I'll check if python-flup should be moved to
python-pastescript's Suggests (and change it in my next upload if so)

Thanks for the sleuthing.

I've submitted a bug #511367 on python-webpy referencing this thread.