Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

Ondrej Certik wrote:
> Agree. We talked with Sandro on IRC, the problem is in a bad internet
> connection --- it takes ~40min to download 10MB -- then of course
> every MB matters. For me it takes just couple seconds, so it doesn't
> really matter if I am downloading tarball+debian dir separately, or
> together in a git repo.

but then if you need the original sources to build a package - it doesn't
matter much if you get the tarball or clone a git repository.

> I just assumed that everyone has a decent internet connection these
> days, and I was wrong. :)

unfortunately not...

Cheers,

Bernd

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79