Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

[Ondrej Certik, 2008-12-23 11:19]
> emilio@saturno:~/deb/python-modules$ svn log | egrep "^r[0-9]+ " | cut
> -f2 -d'|' | sed 's/-guest//' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r
>     865  piotr
>     609  morph
>     598  kov
>     532  bzed
>     388  pox

865+388=1253

looks like my vote is most meaningful ;-)

unfortunately I use Git only outside Debian, so I don't know about
issues git-buildpackage might have. I know it doesn't have
mergeWithUpstream but it's written in Python, so we can implement this.
The problem is (FWIK) that it's better to use Git with upstream sources
(with tools like pristine-tar)... anyway, I vote for Git, but I'm open
to alternative suggestions.