Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> I am surprised I am actually the 6th most active. Pretty cool. :)

I am surprised to still be in the top 10 (hertzog)… it means the team is
not so active as one would expect. :-)

Anyway, I'm fine with git as well but I'm not convinced it's that
important. You should also look at the perl team, they are using git
on some packages only and have not yet decided to mass-convert from
SVN to Git. One of the reasons of the block is that Git makes it difficult
to do operations on all the repositories. And for a global update, you're
forced to use tools like "mr" (and even that won't add new package
automatically).

Furthermore, Git alone doesn't mean much, the questions is whether we have
to use git-buildpackage, topgit and so on.

Hence I would rather suggest a per-package decision for the switch. I
won't cry if SVN continues to be used.

Raphaël Hertzog