Re: debhelper 7 and python-central

Floris Bruynooghe <floris.bruynooghe@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:49:11PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Python-central links modules at their original places while
> > python-support puts them in /var/lib to follow the FHS.
>
> "/var/lib : Variable state information [...] State information is data
> that programs modify while they run, and that pertains to one specific
> host." [2]

Agreed. Complied-one-time-on-install Python library code is not
"variable state information"; rather, it is an unchanging (modulo
package-system changes) part of the system, so belongs in /usr
somewhere.

--
 \      "It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might |
  `\                                        be wrong."  -- Chris Torek |