Re: [Python-modules-team] ITP: python-pivy -- Coin binding for Python

[Teemu Ikonen, 2008-12-13]
> http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/pivy.git;a=summary

[...]

> The package is in a 'works for me' state and lintian clean, but there
> may be something I missed. I'm not sure if I should build the C
> extensions with than one python version, now they are built just for
> the default python version.

* please build it for all supported Python versions (pyversions -vs) [1]
* add -dbg package [1]
* why not Priority: optional?
* optional: (required if I will be the one who uploads it ;)
  + remove the 0.5.0~svn2008.12.11-1 changelog entry and
  + rename 0.3.0-1 into 0.5.0~svn2008.12.11-1
  (or mark 0.3.0-1 as UNRELEASED)
* missing dependencies (Depends/Recommends/Suggests):
  + python-qt4* (-common?)
  + python-qt4-gl
  + python-opengl
* how about adding a -doc package and installing (among other docs)
  examples there?
* there's a local Scons in the upstream sources, make sure Debian's one
  is used

Pleas note that I didn't build it as libsoqt4-dev's required version is
still not available, any progres on this one?

[1] see jinja2 package for an example
--
-=[     Piotr Ożarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-