Re: [Python-modules-team] ITP: python-pivy -- Coin binding for Python

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I can offer you is "mentoring" in svn management and python
> modules packaging, both now and for futures requests, but I won't step
> in as maintainer :)

Hi Sandro,

I had some time to work on the Pivy package again. If you're still
interested in mentoring, please take a look at
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/pivy.git;a=summary

I had to update the upstream version to an SVN snapshot, and also one
of the dependencies (soqt) would need to be updated to the latest
upstream SVN in Debian (other version combinations simply did not
work). I sent mail to soqt maintainer about this, so let's see.

The package is in a 'works for me' state and lintian clean, but there
may be something I missed. I'm not sure if I should build the C
extensions with than one python version, now they are built just for
the default python version.

Teemu