Re: Packaging software for Cheeseshop and Debian

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 22:10 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> What packages in Debian can people recommend that use setuptools
> properly, and are packaged in accordance with the latest Debian Python
> policy?
>
> Or is it simply the case that no packages meet that description?

I'm sure there are lots of simple packages of modules and/or scripts
that use only distutils and conform perfectly to the debian policy.

However, I'm not sure of any that conform to both and also contain
"private modules".   One package I know of that uses private modules is
scons.  Looking at its debian/rules, it uses pure setuptools to do
the install.   However the setup.py looks like it jumps through quite
a few hoops to get stuff installed in /usr/lib/scons.

I'm sure there are people on this list who know more about setuptools
who should be able to help you out more.

--
sam clegg
:: sam@superduper.net :: http://superduper.net/ :: PGP : D91EE369