Re: Packaging software for Cheeseshop and Debian

Arthur de Jong <adejong@debian.org> writes:

> I develop and package webcheck [0] (a python application with
> private modules). I put all stuff in /usr/share/webcheck and use
> python-support for compiling the stuff there.

Thanks for this response. Unfortunately I've looked at 'webcheck', and
it doesn't teach me how to use Python's distutils to achieve this
(since, as you note, it doesn't use either of them).

My goal is to learn how to package software such that it conforms as
much as possible both to Python packaging convention and Debian
packaging policy.

For the former, that means 'distutils' and, increasingly,
'setuptools'. Hence, packages that don't use either of them aren't
what I need. Thank you for your encouragement anyway!

--
 \               "Holy bouncing boiler-plated fits, Batman!"  -- Robin |
Ben Finney