Re: Joining the team and RFS python-avc

Le mardi 06 novembre 2007 à 01:25 +0100, Bernd Zeimetz a écrit :
> >> Depends: python2.5, python-avc (>=new_policy_version)
> >
> > Sorry, but that dependency is incorrect. What if a later python-avc
> > version starts requiring python >= 2.6 ?
>
> Then you have a problem anyway - all packages Depending on python-avc
> (which is the only sane default for packages which work for all python
> versions AND depend on a different package) will need to be updated.

Erm, no. If a pure-python package uses it, it won't have to change.

> Adding versioned depends again brings us back to the old policy.

Trying desperately to see something "new" in the policy isn't going to
make a point. It took time to notice it, but it is merely an evolution
that allows extensions to be available for several versions of python at
once.

The real thing that brings us back to the former situation is the 70
packages or so which require an upload at each new python version.

--
 .''`.