Re: Tool support for private modules

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le jeudi 11 octobre 2007 à 10:50 +1000, Ben Finney a écrit :
> > The main reason I use distutils is to assist those people using
> > operating systems that *don't* have good package dependency
> > management, which seems to be the primary target market for
> > setuptools.
>
> This is a laudable goal, but not when done at the expense of proper
> support of operating systems which have one.

Indeed. The rest of the message, which you chose not to address this
time, asks for help avoiding exactly that trap.

Care to answer some of the specific questions in that message and help
Python packagers improve their practices?

--
 \     "Remember men, we're fighting for this woman's honour; which is |
  `\                probably more than she ever did."  -- Groucho Marx |