Re: Report on the situation of python2.5 in Debian

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 08:04:27PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I cannot say that the situation looks good. Since the last transition,
> many new packages have been introduced, and a large part of them don't
> support the current policy. Another bad news is that it isn't possible
> to rely on the packages' metadata, as many maintainers don't understand
> what the X?-Python-Version fields mean.

> Let's start with the good news. The following packages are included in
> python2.5, and will disappear or become legacy.
>         celementtree
>         ctypes
>         python-pysqlite2
>         python-wsgiref

> The following packages need a round of binNMUs as soon as possible, to
> build extensions for python2.5, after which they shouldn't bother us.
> Can anyone schedule the binNMUs please?

Is there code available that can be used to reproduce this list from
Packages/Sources?  I would very much prefer to be able to generate an
authoritative list of per-arch binaries that need to be binNMUed, so that
the progress can be tracked and so we're not needlessly binNMUing packages
that have sourceful uploads first.