Re: python packaging infrastructure

> > It should be practical to create Java templates for PyPy to use in the
> > backend to produce a python implementation that executes in a JVM.
>
> I can't back it up, but I thought this was possible already, as well as
> a clisp backend. I know for certain C and LLVM work.
I'm quite sure there is no implementation of a JVM backend.  Samuele
Pedroni is working on PyPy as well as providing some continuing
guidance and code to Jython -- he would surely have mentioned such an
implementation.  The theory is another matter -- I'm sure this would
be possible to implement, but PyPy development is very active right
now and might be a bit of a moving target.

Regards,

-Frank