Re: python packaging infrastructure

> At least jython isn't an issue anymore (orphaned, and
> new upstream snapshots available)
Hi Matthias,

I am (recently) the primary maintainer of the (upstream) Jython
project.  I'm also a big fan of Debian.  The next release of Jython
will depend on either Python 2.2 or Python 2.3, if it gets packaged
the way Jython 2.1 is currently packaged (with dependencies on the
Python libs).  Is this the right mailing list for discussing Jython on
Debian?  Or is debian-java the better place?  I lurk in both...

Anyhow, I hate to see Jython orphaned, perhaps down the road (after
the next Jython release) I'll come back to find out what it takes to
take over the package maintenance of Jython in Debian.

Regards,

-Frank