Re: python packaging infrastructure

Hi,

I should probably check in to this discussion, since I'm the current
(inactive) maintainer of jython -- I put it up for adoption several
months ago since I don't have so much time these days and I no longer
have much involvement with either java or jython.

A couple of notes:

- I'll probably be completely orphaning it soon, putting it under the
  care of Debian QA.
- The packaging for the next jython release will need a fair bit of work.
  More details can be found at http://bugs.debian.org/315289 .
- If the discussion moves to debian-java and my input is required on why
  I did something or other with the packaging, please CC me since I'm no
  longer subscribed to debian-java.

In other news, decompyle will also be hurt by the transition to
python2.4, though I'm not sure how badly at this stage -- I'm off
teaching interstate just now, but I'll check it out when I'm back in a
week's time.

Ben.