Re: debian/pycompat usage?

Le lundi 28 août 2006 à 09:12 +0200, Pierre Habouzit a écrit :
> While working on the tool I promised I'll work on, I indeed agree that
> the debian/pyversions beeing hidden is a major PITA.

I'm afraid that looking for this information in debian/pyversions is not
going to give any better results than looking in the control fields.

As you already explained, the Depends: line already contains most of the
information. Another thing to look is for .so files corresponding to
several python versions in /usr/lib/python-support/*/python2.?
or /usr/lib/python2.?/site-packages.

> So my proposal is to make XS-P-V mandatory when there is an upper bound.

Beware of one thing: having both XS-P-V and pyversions is the worst case
we can have, as the maintainer has to ensure they contain the same
information.