Re: Deprecating /usr/lib/site-python in python policy

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Juha-Matti Tapio wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:20:13AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > /usr/lib/site-python is on the sys.path of all python versions so we must
> > make sure to provide the best (ie .py with working .pyc) for all python
> > versions.
>
> Why "must"?

Well "should".

> Has this for some reason become a problem just recently or has this always
> been a problem? I do not think missing or invalid .pyc's there could cause

It's not a major problem, we won't be pushing hard for it but it's good
to update the policy accordingly however.

We'll concentrate on fixing the modules first. The application won't stop
working whereas modules could.

Raphaël Hertzog