Re: New Python policy

Coin,

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

>> How about adding example for building compiled extensions? Otherwise
>> there will be used many ways to produce binaries for all supported
>> python versions.
>
>  - Packaging examples
>    - CDBS (not yet available)

A packaging example can be found here :
  http://perso.duckcorp.org/duck/soya-new-policy/

What needs to be done:
  - use the splited dh_* script intead of the former dh_python updated
    script (will be done today)
  - use the script in python-dev for build version calculation instead
    of the internal code (when a test package is available)
  - move the class into cdbs itself (i plan to contact Peter today)
  - test it widely

This class is aware of builddeps generation, so you can use the feature
manually to avoid missing stuff. dh_* would handle tool-specific
dependencies.

The CDBS documentation would be done soon (in the original
documentation not in the package, for those aware of the fork issue).

Btw, unfortunately apt is absolutely unable to handle versioned
dependencies when those have switched from real dependencies to
provides, then you may have to fix packages depending on your libraries.
In my cdbs packaging example i will have to fix balazar (but not slune).

--
Marc Dequènes (Duck)