Re: python-central vs python-support

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 11:44:00PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > 4) python2.x-* virtual packages are to be used only when necessary, but
> > packages can provide them regardless.

> you don't know in advance, if they are necessary. Not a problem, if
> they are generated.

No, but they can be added on demand.  The difference is merely a pair of
additional substitutions in the Depends and Provides fields.

Adding them where they *aren't* known to be needed by reverse dependencies
does make transitions more brittle than they need to be -- at least in the
possible case of an overlap between a removal of one python version and an
addition of another.