Re: python 2.4?

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > How about, right now, just a statement "this is what the issues are".
> > Or even, "this [URL here] is the mailing list post where the issues
> > are outlined."
>
> I forgot about them. So, I need to collect them again. Even release
> managers don't have a superhuman brain (though we sometimes pretend we
> do :).

The only issue is Matthias Klose who absolutely wants to push big
packaging changes at the same time[1] whereas everybody else agree that
we should take our time for those changes since we managed to live with
the current python policy until now.

Doko wants python-central but the python modules team uses mostly
python-support:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPythonTODO

I certainly hope we can discuss that IRL at Debconf. I would welcome a
Python BoF.

Cheers,

[1] Otherwise he could already have uploaded them since the packages are
ready... cf http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2006/01/msg00028.html
--
Raphaël Hertzog