Re: Python 2.1/2.2 removal; Python 2.4 as default

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:32:28PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar writes:
> > > Unfortunately FTP masters did reject the Zope2.x upload, which uses
> > > python2.4. Any reasons for that? Zope2.7 already was scheduled for
> > > removal.
> >
> > Can you please be more specific? And/or reply to the REJECT mail, as it
> > states at the bottom of every reject? That way, all the info is at hand
> > for us ftp-people to look into it. I can't find any NEW reject for
> > zope2.anything during the whole of 2006. At least listing the exact
> > filename of the .changes is already very useful to find the upload
> > you're talking about.
>
> CC'ing Fabio, AFAIK that was a zope2.9 upload. Maybe it would be
> better, if FTP masters send the reject mail to the Maintainer address,
> not the uploader address?

zope2.9 is simply still sitting in NEW, and is not rejected. I see there
was a clarification requested over the weekend about the big number of
zope versions in the archive (2.9 would be the 4th), and Fabio replied.
This was two days ago, nothing happened since as far as I can see, so
I'd advice to just wait a bit. Fwiw, I don't see a zope2.7 removal
request yet, but maybe I'm looking wrongly?

About who to inform, typically there isn't a maintainer yet for packages
in NEW, so it's a bit tricky. The actual maintainer is only available
after a package is installed, because it's not in the .changes. In most
cases it doesn't matter (uploader & maintainer same person), so while I
agree better notification might be worthwhile, it's also not terribly
high on my list of things to look into.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar