Re: New python maintenance team

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm not experienced enough with Python to lead such a maintenance
> team, but I'm looking forward to such a team.
>
> Who would be interested to help ?

OK, thanks to everyone who volunteered so far. There's already a
pkg-python Alioth project and an associated SVN repository. Right now it's
empty but Matthias will start using it this week-end (if all goes well).

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-python/
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-python/

Given that 5-6 persons volunteered, Matthias probably won't give write
access to everybody directly. So the right course of action is to make use
of the Package Tracking System to subscribe to the various python source
packages:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python-defaults.html
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python2.4.html
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python2.3.html

And start helping out by submitting patches to the BTS, by forwarding bugs
upstream, doing bug triaging and so on. After some time I'm confident that
Matthias will add you to the Alioth project.

Raphaël Hertzog