Re: Missing setup of /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 05:40:52PM -0500, Myers Carpenter wrote:
> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PackageNotes#on-debian

Thanks, I was allready aware of that (and have been using TurboGears
since last week). My comment was to Sangheyon Seo's suggestion for a
distutils.cfg to be included in the Debian python packages. I will
extend his bug report with the link you provided.

> I feel easy_install should be able to figure out what to use as the
> site-dirs var itself without having to specify it in this file.

I think you are right, but until then it would be nice if Debian
shipped with the necessary configuration included.

Btw. please follow the code of conduct of Debian lists and reply to
the list and not to me. See: