Re: Packaging for zope 3

Brian Sutherland writes:
> Seems most of the discussion on zope 3 happens on this mailing list, so
> I'm putting my questions here.
>
> I'm currently packaging SchoolBell, what will be a calendering library
> for zope X3.1 as well as a calendaring server in its own right. Right now
> there are no zope X3.1 packages (nor even a zope X3.1:), so I am including
> a large portion of the current zope trunk checkout. (Very dirty hack)

I'm unsure about packaging the trunk for Debian until an upstream beta
version is released.

> But it would be nice to get things right for the future. So:
>
> Is there anyone working on a zope X package that I could depend on for
> the needed modules? I have seen such a package in Ubuntu, but Debian is
> kind of lacking.

it's upload to experimental. until it get's out of the new queue,
please find the packages at http://people.debian.org/~doko/zope3/

> The package naming scheme I am thinking of using is:
> schoolbell                        - Config and binaries for a schoolbell
>                                     standalone server
> zope3.1-python2.3-schoolbell      - The zope libraries themselves

good question, but do you want to change the python version for a
specific zope version?

	Matthias