Re: Python transition

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 01:49:46PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 08:29:12PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > Packages, that are too young are not considered for migration to
> > testing. As these packages have a dependency on "python (>=2.3)", they
>
> Few, if any, of my packages have such a dependency.  In most packages, I
> depend on the specific version of Python that I will be using (ie,
> python2.3) and the appropriate libs for that version of Python.  Is Python
> 2.3 already in testing, but the python package simply isn't updated?

A version of python2.3 is in testing, but not the one that produces the
python (>= 2.3) binary package.

Looking at your packages, I don't *think* they're involved directly, but
it would require a bit more investigation to be sure. All the same, we
badly need a new version of python2.3 in testing, so if people can
please have patience until Wednesday, we can get testing updated and
then go on with our lives.