Python transition

Hello,

I hope I am not alone in this.

I find the whole Python transition process to be rather confusing.  For
instance, I recently received an e-mail asking me not to upload various
Python packages.  A day later, one of them got NMU'd.  I am confused; what
exactly is the problem and why would a simple upload in any way
inconvenience anyone, ESPECIALLY if it fixes problems?  And why are
maintainers not supposed to upload their packages but others can?

I'm tempted to say "to hell with it" and just upload packages as normal,
make them work with Python 2.3 as proper, fix any bugs, and just go on with
life.

-- John