Re: Python transition

John Goerzen writes:
> Hello,
>
> I hope I am not alone in this.
>
> I find the whole Python transition process to be rather confusing.  For
> instance, I recently received an e-mail asking me not to upload various
> Python packages.  A day later, one of them got NMU'd.  I am confused; what
> exactly is the problem and why would a simple upload in any way
> inconvenience anyone, ESPECIALLY if it fixes problems?  And why are
> maintainers not supposed to upload their packages but others can?
>
> I'm tempted to say "to hell with it" and just upload packages as normal,
> make them work with Python 2.3 as proper, fix any bugs, and just go on with
> life.

John, I hope you are alone with your temptation ...

The e-mail I sent made several exceptions from the freeze, one of them
fixing RC reports. So yes, you are supposed to fix these problems
yourself. As I introduced this RC in 0.5.1-5.1, I fixed it in
0.5.1-5.2.

Unfortunately I did not get any response from you asking for NMU's for
forg and gnupginterface.

	Matthias