Re: Summary of python transition problems

Hi, Colin Watson wrote:

> Incidentally, I think that python2.3 should definitely depend on python,
> even if unversioned. This is what python2.2 in testing does, and it
> would avoid the "I installed python2.3 but my programs that use
> /usr/bin/python still don't work!" FAQ.

So include a "Recommends: python" control line. As per policy, section
7.2, that would be strong enough for this situation. ("The Recommends
field should list packages that would be found together with this one in
all but unusual installations.")

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
 - -