Re: Correct location of .py and .pyc files

Terry Hancock <hancock@anansispaceworks.com> wrote:

> Okay, I stand corrected.
>
> Three people including two I know are long-time developers
> have replied that .pyc/.pyo files are indeed architecture
> independent, and that changing this is unlikely:

Thanks for having asked the question on comp.lang.python. There has been
no reply since tuesday that contradicts their statements, so we are
probably safe letting the Policy allow packages to have .py{c,o} files
under /usr/share/<package>/.

For those interested, and for the archive, the aforementioned thread on
comp.lang.python can be read at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=LemdnTe8n5ZcsSeiRVn-jA%40august.net

--
Florent