Re: Correct location of .py and .pyc files

Le mer 12/11/2003 à 20:32, Marco Paganini a écrit :
> - I should bytecompile the modules at installation time. This matches my
>   original expectations. However, the Python Policy is not clear about
>   where I should put the byte-compiled files. Is /usr/lib/package an
>   acceptable place? It would sure be nice to keep them together with
>   their "source" counterparts.

You can just use debhelper to do that automatically.

> Another question: My application has some "skeleton" files that are copied
> to the user's home directory by an installation program. Robert Millan (my
> Debian guru, in the Cc:) has recommended /usr/share/doc/package/something,
> but I'd like to keep those out of the documentation tree. Is there any other
> place where I should put those?

Files used at runtime must not reside in /usr/share/doc, as this
directory can be deleted. They should rather be put in
/usr/share/package, and a symlink can be created in
/usr/share/doc/package/examples if this makes sense.