Re: python transition and python-xml

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 01:26:46PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need the python-xml package to rebuild some of my packages
> (python-gtk, python-gtk2, python-gnome2, python-pyorbit, rubrica), but
> python-xml is away from unstable because of transition.
>
> Several packages use python-gtk/gtk2, so I would upload these packages
> today, but I don't know what's the best way.
>
> * NMU python-xml (I've mailed the maintainer yesterday but no response
>   for the moment).

Yesterday was saturday, and I don't read my mail on week ends. The
updated package is in progress (i.e. pbuilder is running right now),
and I have contacted Jerome Marant who's my usual sponstor (I'm not a
DD). I was planning to ask someone on the list to sponsor the upload if
I don't get an answer from him by tomorow, but if people think this is
more urgent, please tell me if you want to sponsor the upload today, and
I'll give you the URL where you can dowload the source package for
python-xml and python-unit.

> * change Build-Depends from python-xml to python2.3-xml for the moment.

This will surely work in the meantime.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
LOGILAB, Paris (France).