python transition and python-xml

Hi,

I need the python-xml package to rebuild some of my packages
(python-gtk, python-gtk2, python-gnome2, python-pyorbit, rubrica), but
python-xml is away from unstable because of transition.

Several packages use python-gtk/gtk2, so I would upload these packages
today, but I don't know what's the best way.

* NMU python-xml (I've mailed the maintainer yesterday but no response
  for the moment).

* I've made python2.3 package of python-xml on my box, so I can build python-gtk
  and upload it ... but with missing build-depends autobuilders will
  fail to build the package ...

* change Build-Depends from python-xml to python2.3-xml for the moment.

I'd like have some advices about what's the best way to process.

Thank you,

Sebastien Bacher