Re: bug reports preventing the python transition

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 01:54:00PM +0200, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Upstream is dead since >1 year, too, and still advertises the thing as
> incompatible with recent zope. IIRC, there have been 0 CVS commits on SF for a
> year and 1 post on the mailing list. (Even though it's unfortunate because I
> liked the idea.)

I've sent a mail to both the maintainer and the developer list: let's wait
one or two weeks.

BTW 67644 seen to aply no more: file syntax is correct, and compiling those
files with python 2.1 work. Many (not all!) of the lines of the files
mentioned in the report end with ^M, so i suppose that this bug raise only
with the old (1.5?) python interpreter.
To fix 122653 we simply need someone to build and upload it again: the real
problem is the incompatibility with zope 2.6.1. They state[1] the have release
a 1.1.0-alpha4 which is wrks with 2.6.1: that's a point to wait for their
reply.

I suggest to wait for the other bugs to be closed, then we see if something
happened for worldpilot: if it will still prevent python transition we may ask
for its removal.

For what concern zope-ldap, i've no ldap access to test it: sorry.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][-A-Za-z]*[iy]'?s$   | as fine or rude sentences have