Re: Removing the python-unit package

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 10:13:08AM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I sent a mail to the list a couple of weeks ago about the relationships
> between the python and python-unit packages, and did not receive any
> answer. I did some more investigation, and it appears that indeed the
> python-unit provided files are already in the python packages (look for
> unittest.py in the packages database).
What about the other files in python2.X-unit, the examples and the
unittestgui.py? I dont see them anywhere in the python packages.

> Since noone depends on python-unit (as show by apt-cache showpkg
> python-unit) or any of the versioned packages, I think it is safe to
> remove the python-unit package.
Zope has a suggest on python-unit. It should either have the explicit
version with python2.1-unit or remove the suggestion.

> Is there any objection to my filing a bug against python-unit asking for
> its removal ?
It would be nice to still have the example files somewhere, eg included
in the python2.X-examples packages.

cu, Bastian
--
     Bastian Kleineidam