Re: Removing the python-unit package

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 01:21:55PM +0200, Bastian Kleineidam wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 10:13:08AM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I sent a mail to the list a couple of weeks ago about the relationships
> > between the python and python-unit packages, and did not receive any
> > answer. I did some more investigation, and it appears that indeed the
> > python-unit provided files are already in the python packages (look for
> > unittest.py in the packages database).
> What about the other files in python2.X-unit, the examples and the
> unittestgui.py? I dont see them anywhere in the python packages.

You're right, I looked a bit quickly. I'll get in touch with upstream to
get a new official release. Or I'll make a timestamped revision.

> > Is there any objection to my filing a bug against python-unit asking for
> > its removal ?
> It would be nice to still have the example files somewhere, eg included
> in the python2.X-examples packages.

I'll keep the package, I think, given the previous remark you made.
unittestgui deserves to live I think.

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Alexandre Fayolle                              LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Advanced computing - Python - Customized trainings - Consulting - XML