Re: Please test new 4suite

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@attbi.com> writes:

>>   PS: I'm not sure about this, but it seems that the old version of
>>   the package must not be installed on the system in order to build
>>   the new package. Could someone try to build it and confirm?
>>

> confirmed.  It finds the old module in the path which does not have the same
> hierarchy as the new version does.  So when it tries to build the docs it dies
> trying to load the rdf and other modules.
>
> 4suite is obviously updating the python search path to add its modules, the
> modules should be added at the front of the list and not the end where they
> seem to be added.

  This really sucks. I don't have in mind any package that requires the removal
  of the old version in order to build. However, upstream said they don't care.

> The package will not build for me.  It dies while trying to make the python2.2
> version.  Several tracebacks that I can not see they whiz by and then it ends
> with:
>
> DistExt/BuildDocs.py line 396 in doc_scripts
> app = getattr(module, script.identifier)()
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'XsltCommandineApp'
>
> Total compilation time is around 10 minutes on this machine.  Suggestions?

  It happened once on my system and I just removed the package directory, then
  unpacked it again (dpkg-cource -x package.dsc) and rebuild the package.
  I cannot explain why this happens.
  It looks like the building failure changed something.

  PS: I hope they'll provide prerendered html documentation otherwise our
  autobuilders will suffer.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>