Re: What should we do now?

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

[...]

> Gregor pointed out that python-base is almost a complete python
> package, so we could rename it and "reuse" the name "python",
> "python1.5", "python2.1" for the base packages.

As far as I'm concerned, this is identical to my idea, just with a
much better name for the package, so I'm all for it.

> Package: python
> Depends: python2.1
> Conflicts: python-base, <plus the 10 other packages, which depend on
>   python, but do not declare a versioned dependency>

If we were willing to accept some breakage in testing and unstable,
then it looks like only bg5ps, grmonitor, pythondoc and sketch would
need to be included in this list, making it even simpler. It's even
possible some of them still work with Python 2.1.

		      "Ha ha!  Puny receptacle!"