Re: Policy for naming python packages

    >> In my opinion, packages like "pygtk" and "pyqt" that add new
    >> modules to Python should always be renamed to "python-*" [...]

    > [...]

    > As far as finding stuff in dselect goes... try "/".

That is what I'm doing. But dselect does only support simple substring
searches and when I'm searching for "py" I find packages like "happy"
or "floppybackup" which I'm not interested in.

    > I think it would be much more difficult to find Debianized
    > packages if they had a different name than what the author
    > originally gave them,

That's only true if you know the upstream package's name. Quite often
I want to find out if there's already a module that provides some
functionality I need, and then I browse through the descriptions of
the packages beginning with "python-".