Re: Policy for naming python packages

Radovan Garabik <garabik@melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> writes:

> If you are writting a package _for_ python, such as python-mpz, it is
> appropriate if mpz is a standalone library, otherwise aesthetic
> criteria apply :-)

In my case, pyunit is a python library and is a standalone library, so
I think it would be better to have all python libraries named with
a python- prefix. Then, we can immediately know what role has a python package
(lib, program, etc).
For instance, htmlgen should be renamed python-htmlgen and so on.

And yes, otherwise, it is an aesthetic criteria :-)

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@IDEALX.com>

| IDEALX - Open Source Engineering / Ingénierie Open Source |
| http://IDEALX.com                                         |