Re: Experimental Python 1.5.2c1 packages available

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:

> > I do. Please do include info docs.
>
> I will.
>
> The docs are quite big (700k resp. 450k for html and info
> gzipped). Is there support for splitting them in separate packages ?
> Then, is there also a need for postscript resp. pdf packages ?

IMHO, info and html should be regarded as being in the same footing as the
main information gathering means (but I sure understand I'm a bit biased,
since I like info much more than the mean python programmer). As for
ps/pdf, I won't tell you I feel a real need (after all, I printed my copy
of python docs this summer, at 1.5.2 alpha time, and I won't reprint them
at least until 1.6), but I think they might be useful for first time
python programmers, and I think both of us would like making their life
simpler... I stand by my earlier suggestion of a couple of
doc-pdf-{a4,letter} or doc-ps-{a4,letter}, but I'm unable to tell which
is best. Votes, please!

l.