Re: Presenting Debian to the user at cloud provider marketplaces

Hi,

On Mon, 08 Jul 2019, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > We have quite a long history of displaying public acknowledgements
> > of our sponsors' contributions.
>
> Really? As much as I know, writing the names of contributors (in other
> words, doing commercial advertising) on each and every artifact Debian
> is producing is *not* what Debian has been doing so far. Can you point
> where I'm wrong by giving examples I'm not aware of?

FWIW, I already added "Patch-sponsored-by" pseudo-headers in commits:
https://git.dpkg.org/cgit/dpkg/dpkg.git/commit/?id=ffa1ec0502c8c34d5d51bff003f52b3cd732d875

Many paid LTS contributors are thanking Freexian in their monthly report
(even though they don't have to!). And even though, in the end, Freexian
was only an intermediary.

We have plenty of persons using their work email as a way to show that the
work has been sponsored by the company. (And I do that for my work in
Debian sponsored by Offensive Security)

To me, it does not seem wrong to have a small mention of credativ close
to the azure image if they did the work (even if they were paid by
Microsoft).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer