Re: guidelines for Debian presences on social networks?

I think this could be simpler, for example:

* Official post ? -> join the publicity team - 2,3,4,5,6,7 below would be added / merged into existing Pub team guidelines, and (1) would become "post from official / verified account). It also implies Debian, CoC and Social contract knowledge.

* Unofficial post ? -> look at the pub team guidelines, try to use federated / decentralized social networks too, use #Debian when posting, consider joining the publicity team

Official posts can actually be guest posts such as described at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/bits.debian.org.

For sure https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity#Get_involved could use an update to focus on better guidance for official or unofficial advocacy on social networks such contributions.

F.

Le 19-06-15 à 23 h 24, Paul Wise a écrit :
Hi all,

I note that there don't appear to be any guidelines for Debian
presences on social networks. I'd like to propose we use these:

 (1) Make it clear that the presence is unofficial.
 (2) Respect Debian's logo license.
 (3) Respect Debian's trademark policy.
 (4) Feed in official Debian publicity content.
 (5) Add a link to it from the otherSN wiki page.
 (6) Hand it off to someone else if you stop maintaining it.
 (7) Give the publicity team backup access (passwords etc) so they can
   handle passing it on to someone else if you are not able to.

Additional items or any other thoughts?

https://www.debian.org/logos/
https://www.debian.org/trademark#trademarks
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity/otherSN