Re: Shared info. about debian buster release.

at bottom :-

On 22/04/2019, Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:

>     shirish> oops, the original one got archived for some grammatical
>     shirish> mistakes, got republished today again with a slightly
>     shirish> different link -
>
>     shirish>
> https://itsfoss.com/new-features-coming-to-debian-10-buster-release/
>
> When I read the original  there were some odd errors like an "optional"
> component in our archive.  Also, the original implied we were
> considering dropping python2.7 in a buster point release.

That part about 'optional' which is a priority I fixed. As far as
python2.7 is concerned,
are we going to be having a python2.7 release support throughout the
buster cycle after upstream has EOLifed.

> Did they work with anyone in coming up with this?  How did they collect
> their list of features?  Do we have a working relationship with
> itsfos.com?

I collected the list of features from
https://www.debian.org/releases/testing/amd64/release-notes/

> If we aren't on top of this how would people feel with me reaching out
> to contact the reporter and asking what we can do to work with them best
> going forward.

I am the reporter. I have asked on numerous occasions in the past but
have always been told to share info. after the official release  which
takes lot more time due to the paucity of people in debian-publicity.

People have the same news from different outlets and itsfoss.com is
left holding the bag.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C