Re: Publicity scripts assistance

Hi,

On 09/08/2018 10:38 PM, Donald Norwood wrote:

> On 09/07/2018 06:17 AM, Birger Schacht wrote:
>>
>> I have written a python script [0] based on `new-package-maintainers`
>> that uses the public udd mirror for getting the information. I'm not
>> sure what the publicity teams stance on python scripts is, but imo they
>> are a bit more readable than shell (though maybe not in the case of this
>> oneliner ;) ).
>>
>> I have also looked at the `create-rc-stats` script and tried to get an
>> idea of the information that is extracted from udd. I've created a
>> python script that does the statements against the public udd, but it
>> runs a couple of hours and it always failes with one or two statements.
>> So i took the urls the html output links to and fetched their json
>> representation from the udd webform and parsed that in the script [1]. I
>> still have to update the URLs for current Debian version though- i'll
>> try to look at that next week.
>
> Thank you very much!! I ran both after installing a few needed
> dependencies on my end. I used the data in a mock up as well and it
> looks great.

I have now updated the create-rc-stats.py python script so it fetches
the numbers for buster. I've also cleaned up the script a bit, to make
it easier to adapt. The release manager view number was calculated with
different criteria than the one listed on
https://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi, so i've adapted it. I'm still somewhat
new to udd, so the numbers should probably be checked by someone more
experienced with that.
I'll create merge requests for both scripts.

cheers,
Birger / bisco