Re: Publicity scripts assistance

Hi,

On 08/31/2018 03:16 AM, Donald Norwood wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> We are looking to expand some of the information about Debian that we
> can provide in the DPN or through Micronews and Bits. Rather than
> reinventing the wheel we would like to take advantage of some of the
> older scripts that we have use of in dpn/scripts[1].
>
> We are wondering if anyone is available with the knowledge to patch or
> maintain the following scripts in order to make them functional again,
> or who can help us document their proper use. We can file bugs against
> the "press" pseudo-package to coordinate and document these and other
> available scripts.
>
> *create-rc-stats - Needs to run on qa.d.o or depreciated alioth.d.o,
> this may be more of an administrative issue.
>
> *new-package-maintainers  - Needs to be run on alioth.d.o or merkel.d.o w

I have written a python script [0] based on `new-package-maintainers`
that uses the public udd mirror for getting the information. I'm not
sure what the publicity teams stance on python scripts is, but imo they
are a bit more readable than shell (though maybe not in the case of this
oneliner ;) ).

I have also looked at the `create-rc-stats` script and tried to get an
idea of the information that is extracted from udd. I've created a
python script that does the statements against the public udd, but it
runs a couple of hours and it always failes with one or two statements.
So i took the urls the html output links to and fetched their json
representation from the udd webform and parsed that in the script [1]. I
still have to update the URLs for current Debian version though- i'll
try to look at that next week.

cheers,
bisco

[0]