Re: accessibility of your site

On 6/28/17, Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> wrote:

> El 28/06/17 a las 14:45, Lilly Ray escribió:
>>
>> Just following up as I didn't hear back from you, sorry to email you
>> again. I noticed your website page [wiki.debian.org/IRC/debian-meeting
>> <http://wiki.debian.org/IRC/debian-meeting>] links to timeanddate.com
>> <http://timeanddate.com> from "meeting planner". Unfortunately, that
>> site isn't very accessible for the sight impaired. Would you consider
>> adding a link to a more accessible version like
>> [http://www.thetimenow.com/meeting-planner.php] which is WCAG 2.0
>> compatible?
>
> Thanks for your report. I've just changed the URL in that link to the
> one that you propose.
>

>> Also, if you ever want to see how accessible a page is, I recommend
>> wave.webaim.org <http://wave.webaim.org>. It is really helpful.

Cool. Lilly, I'd like to add that Debian has an accessibility centric
listserv, too, in case you were not already aware. It's the
Debian-Accessibility list that is found at:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/

Some of their newest conversations are here:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/2017/06/threads.html

Access related to screenreaders is a very regular topic over there.
They occasionally also have shoutouts looking for testers of pending
upgrades.

The beauty of Debian's accessibility efforts is that they don't stop
here. Those efforts perpetuate way on out into wherever other
operating systems, especially our extended family of derivatives,
garner ideas from the work of Debian's Developers.

Best wishes!

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey