Re: DPN 2015/08 frozen. Please review and translate.

Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>> So maybe I should start again with:
>>	git clone ssh://git.debian.org/publicity/dpn.git
>> And in fact I see that's mentioned on the HowToContribute page.  But
>> when I scrub my existing dpn directory and try the above, I get:
>> 	Permission denied (publickey).
>> 	fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>
> You can tell SSH what username to use by putting it in the URL:
>
> 	ssh://jbr-guest@git.debian.org/publicity/dpn.git
>
> Thanks and hope that helps,

Well, in fact it just got me an exciting new error message, but once I
worked out my other mistake (a missing /git/ in the URL),

	git clone ssh://jbr-guest@git.debian.org/git/publicity/dpn.git

worked.  Even better, modifying my ~/.ssh/config to add

	Host git.debian.org
		User jbr-guest

lets me use just:

	git clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/publicity/dpn.git

Okay, now things seem to be working well enough that git is telling me
the HowToContribute procedure is wrong and there's no such thing as
"git update --rebase".

Then to do a commit I have to remember to specifically name the file
I've changed, giving the real relative year-and-issuenumber path
rather than the current/ symlink, because if I get anything wrong
it'll just gibber at me.

Okay, now a "git push" works!  Hurrah!